Once you setup the Netgear cable modem, you do not need to login to the modem to perform the normal operation. However, you can easily do a Netgear modem login to change a limited number of settings. If you have not set up the Netgear cable modem till now, then you can visit the Netgear support page and download the installation guide. In order to activate the Internet services on your cable modern, you can follow the instructions and guidelines that are elaborated on the website. Go through the sections in this article to perform the Netgear modem login process without any interruptions.
Netgear modem login for PCs
Here are the steps that are required for Netgear modem login for PCs and computers:
- First of all, you have to launch the web browser from the computer that is linked with the Ethernet cable to the cable modem from the computer that is connected to the Wi-Fi router with an Ethernet cable to the cable modem. Now, you have to enter “http://192.168.100.1.” in the address bar of the web browser.
- Tap on the “Enter” option and you will see a login window on-screen.
- You have to now enter the cable modem credentials (username and password).
- After this, you will see the BASIC homepage on-screen.
Point to remember: The username is the admin and the default password is “password” and makes sure both username and password are case sensitive.
Netgear modem login with Nighthawk app
For the Netgear modem login process with the Nighthawk app you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you have to download the “Nighthawk app” at the app.
- Make sure the mobile devices are connected to the NETGEAR router’s wifi network.
- Just launch the Nighthawk app and log in to the Netgear account.
Netgear modem login via a web browser
The steps given below are for the Netgear modem login using the web browser so follow each one of them carefully:
- Just launch a web browser from the device that is connected to the router’s network.
- Just enter the routerlogin.net or http://192.168.1.1in the address bar.
- The router login window will be displayed on-screen.
- Just enter the router admin user name and password.
Point to understand: The user name is admin and the default password is the one you have mentioned before starting up the process and make sure the password is case sensitive.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that by now you get the valuable insights related to Netgear modem login. However, if there are certain queries that are related to the topic then it is recommended to visit the official customer support website for Netgear modem login instructions and guidelines so that there are a proper installation and login process that is performed without any interruptions. Remember, the customer support assistants are available 24/7 to assist you with the best possible solutions for the same.