Vipre, a leading and award-winning antivirus manufacturing brand is one that is loved by big and small business owners. The antivirus works best both on Pc as well as Mac and has a simple user interface. It not only protects our devices from viruses but also safeguards our online identity and provides protection against ransomware too. Not only this, but it is also loved by the users because offers comprehensive endpoint security and also serves the purpose of real-time threat intelligence.
Vipre antivirus review
When viper was put under test by two renowned labs, it got an excellent score specifically in the field of blocking the download of malicious files. Its firewalls stealths ports and as already said it as a unique, powerful, yet simple user-interface. Speaking about the malware protection test, it did not score well as compared to other antivirus solutions available in the market. It also got an average score when it was tested for phishing protection. When you run Vipre, you will come to know that several firewall features were disabled by default in it.
You can get its single license at the price of $54.99 per year. While for having three licenses, you need to pay an amount of $64.99. By looking at the price, you can say that it is available for a good price for providing basic protection to your device. If you wish to secure five devices using Vipre, you need to pay $74.99 while $99.99 is for using it on 10 devices. the thing worth noting here is that you can deploy it on both macOS as well as windows OS.
How to download Vipre antivirus?
- To start, navigate to the official website of Vipre.
- Now, download the desired Vipre software from here.
- Next, open the downloaded file.
- After this, select the ‘Next’ key on the Welcome screen.
- When you see the license agreement option, select the radio button present next to ‘I accept the terms’.
- When prompted, enter the authentication details.
- To choose the installation type, select the ‘Change’ button.
- Again click on the Radio button present next to the desired installation method.
Install Vipre with product key on Windows
You can choose the desired web browser to install the Vipre antivirus. Here, we are taking the example of Microsoft Edge browser.
- After downloading the Vipre, you have to open the downloaded file.
- This will begin the installation.
- Now, click on the ‘Run’ button available on the Welcome screen.
- Next, you need to enter the 25 digits of your Vipre product key.
- Furthermore, you need to enter the click on the ‘Agree & Continue’ button.
- Wait for the installation of Vipre software to complete.
- When the installation is done, select ‘Continue’.
Instructions to install Vipre on Mac
Once Vipre antivirus download completes on your Mac, follow the stepwise guidelines given below:
- Double-click on the downloaded setup files to initiate the installation.
- Select ‘Continue’ on the next screen.
- Now, read the End User License Agreement and select ‘Agree’.
- After this, under the ‘Destination’ section, choose ‘Screen’.
- On the next screen, select ‘Continue’.
- When you are asked for the type of installation, select an install location.
- When prompted, enter the admin User name and Password to continue.
Wait for the installation to complete and close the window.
Easy steps to activate Vipre
To Activate Vipre on your device, you need to follow these simple steps in an orderly way:
- Initially, open Vipre by tapping on its icon.
- Now, select the ‘Activate’ option.
- An activation screen will be displayed.
- Here, you need to enter the license key.
- Finally, click on the ‘Activate’ button.
- When you are done, you will receive a success notification.
- In the end, click ‘Done’ to complete the process.
How do I fix Vipre installation error?
Follow the step-by-step guidelines on how to fix installation error while downloading Vipre antivirus on your device:
- When you see the installation error on your screen, cancel the download then and there.
- Now, open the ‘Run’ window.
- Here, enter C:/Windows\Inf and press the Enter key.
- Check if there is any file named INFCACHE.1
- If it is there, then rename it to CACHE.old.
- Once you do it, reboot the computer and try installing the software again.
Download and install it again after a few minutes.
Here’s a quick tip:
In case you are not able to complete the installation, then you may try removing all the files from failed installation. If you cannot do so, then use the special removal tool for this purpose. Henceforth, you can begin the installation again and you will be able to setup the antivirus successfully on your device.